Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I can now legally carry a concealed weapon in Nebraska

From Joe Huffman's View From North Central Idaho I learned this morning that Nebraska now has reciprocity with South Carolina. I share his sentiment below:

"I don't think I have ever been in Nebraska and I don't have any plans to visit in the foreseeable future but if I did I could carry when I went there. I'll sleep a little better tonight. Not so much because I can now carry in Nebraska but because thousands of other people can and will. That makes them a little bit safer and the anti-gun bigots a little bit more demoralized."

I am disappointed to note that according to SLED:

As of September 12, 2008, states with which South Carolina has reciprocity are:

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

Reciprocity with SC is not a 2-way street though. I'd love to see Georgia and West-by-God Virginia on this list someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment